County Development Programme
In line with the Swim England Talent Programmes Derbyshire ASA will be running 3 development camps in 2020.
They will be under the direction of the county coach Kyle Hudson.
The selection criteria will be:
- The ASA rankings data base will be used for selection purposes. Only times achieved between September 1st 2019 and the Monday following the final County Championship weekend in 2020, will be considered.
- The highest ranked 11 year old Male and Female (age as at 31st December in the year of competition), in each event competed at County Championships will be initially selected.
- Further selections will be made from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc ranked swimmers.
- Where swimmers have an equal ranking, selections will be made prioritized according to the highest Fina Point Score in a single event.
- Selections will be from short course rankings Swimmer selections will be completed within one week of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers will be selected fro their camp based on the county championships that they competed in, having entered and competed in at least one event at those championships.
- Swimmers and Home Coaches will be informed within two weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Swimmers must reply to confirm whether they will be accepting or declining their place on the programme within three weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- Any reserve swimmers and their respective Home Coaches will then be informed within four weeks of the completion of the County Championships.
- All places on the programme must be filled and all paperwork returned by the end of March 2020, ready for the first camp of the programme which will be scheduled to take place in April 2020.
- Parents presentation at County Championships - Download Here